Hello again! I hope you are well? If you are in the UK you will be well aware of the changing seasons! What happened!? T shirts on still, summer clothes still being worn and then oof… over night it was so cold! I’m going to complain… ;o)
Anyway, lets have a look at some belly hugging recipes. That will surely put a smile on your face. the theme was #glutenfree baking. It was a slower night but we had some amazing recipes never the less! For this recipe round up, we are including Oats. You, as an allergy sufferer know what levels of possible cross contamination you have tolerate. It seems sensible to cater for all possibilities. This is a lovely #blog post from @Yogivegetarian about #glutenfree flours that they use.
Lets start with a recipe shared by our new friends @Spiceduk for their very own Oat and raisin cookies! Very nice!
150g Gluten-Free Oats
150g Light Brown Sugar
90g Gluten-Free Plain Flour
90ml Unsweetened Soya Milk
1 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, sugar, raisins, flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Melt the margarine on a low heat and, in a separate bowl, combine with the soya milk and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Bake in 2 batches of 10 cookies on a silicone baking sheet for about 12 minutes. If the cookies fall apart when you try to remove them from the sheet, put them back in the oven for another minute or so.
6. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool.
I found this amazing recipe from @Ohsheglows. Gooey Pumpkin spice Latte Chocolate pudding sounds pretty amazing doesn’t it! Here is another one, this time it’s one bowl double chocolate chunk cookies. Yum! These #glutenfree cinnamon buns look rather tempting also! Or a lovely #apple #bread with #raisins and #pecans. Yum… sweet potato brownies! Lemony Vanilla cupcakes anyone?
Thank you to @Fettlevegan for sharing this gorgeous looking recipe for Deep Dish #apple cinnamon skillet cake. Nom nom nom..I’m a big cinnamon fan. This #Pecan studded #banana bread also sounds rather special! Or a savoury dish? Spicy red and black pepper cornbread. lovely! Dark #chocolate #rosemary cookies look divine!
This is another lovely suggestion from @VeganStella. #Polenta cake. Yummy!
Just look at this shared by @sortasausageYUM #GF Twix recipe! Oh my days… @sentientchef shared this awesomely named Fig-a-licious tart with us. Here is a savoury idea. Turmeric and sweet potato #falafels.
Thank you to @apriltui for some lovely suggestions. Date scones look very yummy. As do these oat and raisin cookies. One of my favourite ingredients in this recipe Buckwheat and Oat pancakes. Or #banana #oat and #date #flapjacks. lovely!
Thank you everyone once again!